Maryland Wear and Carry Permit Course - Initial
Includes Training, Livescan and Live-Fire Qualification
Our Maryland Wear and Carry permit training course is designed to give you the tools necessary to apply for a Maryland Handgun Permit. Successfully passing this course will not guarantee you will be approved for a wear and carry permit.
Our course fees are non-refundable upon completion of the training course.
- COURSE LENGTH
- WHAT YOU'LL LEARN IN THIS COURSE
- Firearms safety
- Firearms Law and Legal Liability
- Carrying and Transporting firearms in Maryland and other states
- Deadly Force Defined, and when to use it
- Avoiding a Criminal Attack and Controlling a Violent Confrontation
- Handgun Nomenclature
- Ammunition Tyles and Ballistics
- Handgun Shooting Fundamentals
- Practical Pistol Shooting Positions
- COURSE REQUIREMENTS
- Students must demonstrate the ability to safely operate a handgun and fire consistent shots at a maximum distance of 15 yards.
- Live fire is required to qualify for this course.
- Students are not required to own a handgun.
- Prior handgun shooting experience is not required but is a benefit to the student.
- There is no rapid fire or holster drawing in this course.
- There are no speed shooting or combat drills in this course.
- Safe handgun handling and basic shooting skill are the focus of the range qualification.
- WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Classroom Training
- Use of a handgun and ammunition for live-fire qualification
- Force-on-force training scenarios
- Multiple laser training systems
- On-site Livescan fingerprinting and passport photos
- Application processing assistance
- WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Application fee paid to Maryland State Police (check or money order) - currently $75.00
$399.00 per person.
- UPCOMING TRAINING CLASSES
We have no classes scheduled at this time. Contact us for course availability. We can schedule a class with a minimum of 4 people.